Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > VEHICLE TECHNICAL DISCUSSION > Nissan Altima Technical Discussion > Frequently Asked Questions - Altima > 1993-2001 (1st & 2nd gen) Nissan Altima FAQ

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2008, 11:21 PM
Shift_Echo

Dark is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dark
Default SR20DET into My Altima? (attn n00bs)

This question is always raised. Can the sr20det fwd motor be adapted to fit into xx year Altima. The answer is YES, HOWEVER, its a very illogical choice for someone to make for Altimas. The plus side is that you will be unique (one of only a handful). The cons are too long to list in a single thread. Basically you can make the same power out of a decent small turbocharger setup on the good ol' ka24de engine already in there for about the same (if not significantly LESS) money. Yes, you have probably seen this as a popular engine swap for 240sx's. The reasoning behind people switching to the sr20 is that its factory turbocharged, and is, more or less, a bolt in swap for 240 guys to perform. I, nor do most people here and elsewhere, have nothing against the sr20det, as it is a GREAT engine with an enormous aftermarket following. It is merely a different choice for 240sx people to make (high revs/low torque of the SR vs. low revs/high torque of the KA). For Altimas though, the swap is VERY VERY involved. Possible, but just very involved.

I thought I would post this up for the general knowledge of members here... as this question is always asked by relatively inexperienced people Enjoy.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Certified lunatic

eclypse is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to eclypse

sr20 and NOS FTW WTF?!

yea. ka24det or go home. Hell unless done from a financial perspective of not wanting to fully build up a KA, I dont really get why 240SX owners wouldnt rather have the KA as well.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-09-2008, 10:56 PM
Another Boosted Altima

vader3120 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to vader3120

ive been waiting for a sticky like this