View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 10:17 AM

dsuave624 has a spectacular aura aboutdsuave624 has a spectacular aura aboutdsuave624 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUtigerME View Post
P5 Auto Bids, but with a minimum criteria met similar to the criteria for a BCS bowl. You don’t reward some shit school in a shitty division because they win one big game (conf championship). I hate the auto bids in the basketball tournament and I’ll hate them here, unless there’s some qualifying criteria.
Every single sport's conference/division champ advances to the playoffs except CFB. I love the autobids in the NCAA as it puts a strong emphasis on winning your conference. You can have a .500 sweep the conference and that makes for a great story. And, like the tournament, it won't take away from SOS because if you lose your conference game, you can still make the playoffs with quality wins.

I mean, what's the point of competing in a conference then? Notre Dame theoretically, can have an easy path the CFP if they scheudule easier opponents.

Quote:

They were quality wins for Bama, but not the greatest.
They are "quality" wins because both teams are grossly overranked. IMO, MSU and LSU are no better than Iowa.

Quote:
As far as Bama vs tOSU, you also have to look at their losses. Bama lost to Auburn, a top 10 team. 1-loss. That’s it. tOSU has 2-losses, and that trumps the signature wins. Ohio State handles business against Iowa and there’s no question.
And OSU lost to the #2 ranked playoff team. No, the loses do not trump the signature wins. Alamba played only 8 P5 opponents this year while OSU played 10. OSU had 2 top 10 victories and Alabama had none. OSU won the conference and Alabama got smoked by Auburn. if anything Auburn should be there over Alabama.

Quote:
ESPN is not going anywhere. As much as people complain and bitch, they are a powerhouse and there’s little alternative. Their actual sports broadcasts are terrific. When they stick to sports, and not political or social events, ESPN/ABC is unmatched.
ESPN has tried to monopolize the industy and now they are too saturated. They will be definitely continue downsizing and I expect fox and/or cbs to pick up the more coverage.

Quote:
UCF went undefeated, but in a weaker conference, why no outcry?
There's plenty of outcry. But they did not have any top 15 wins, just like alabama The have a NY6 bowl, which is still great. while the AAC is not considred a P5, thoose schools play at a P5 level.

Quote:
The fact is that in college football, EVERY game matters. Handle business EVERY week, and you’ll “leave no doubt”. Play a tougher schedule, risk losing, and receive credit/edge over teams of similar record. Conference auto-bids diminish that, and will lead to WEAK schedules.
Alabama had weakest schedule of any of the top 8 teams. They fucking played mercer as a warm-up to play Auburn and still got rocked. YET, they are still in. But everyone and especially ESPN (who has a nice financial interest in the conference) loves to circlejerk the SEC as the greatest conference known to mankind. So since Alabama only has 1 loss in the SEC, they must still be an elite team.