View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 12:01 PM
2-Time BCS National Champ

LSUtigerME has a spectacular aura aboutLSUtigerME has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsuave624 View Post
^This system doesn't solve shit! 4 teams is an utter joke. 8 teams is a must. 6 conference auto-bids, 2 wild cards. DONE.
P5 Auto Bids, but with a minimum criteria met similar to the criteria for a BCS bowl. You don’t reward some shit school in a shitty division because they win one big game (conf championship). I hate the auto bids in the basketball tournament and I’ll hate them here, unless there’s some qualifying criteria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsuave
And their wins against ranked opponents were against MSU and LSU who's rank themselves were very questionable.

They were quality wins for Bama, but not the greatest.

Quote:
ESPN is going down anyway. I give it less than 5 years before we see another major overhaul to the CFP and the bowl system. Cord cutting is in full swing and ESPN has a lot to lose.
ESPN is not going anywhere. As much as people complain and bitch, they are a powerhouse and there’s little alternative. Their actual sports broadcasts are terrific. When they stick to sports, and not political or social events, ESPN/ABC is unmatched.

As far as Bama vs tOSU, you also have to look at their losses. Bama lost to Auburn, a top 10 team. 1-loss. That’s it. tOSU has 2-losses, and that trumps the signature wins. Ohio State handles business against Iowa and there’s no question.

They selected the 4-best teams, which is what they are tasked to do. Same thing they did last year. However, when you win your conference and still don’t fit that criteria, all of a sudden the system is against you. Penn State, Ohio State, USC. Wisconsin had a better schedule, they’d have the same argument as Bama. UCF went undefeated, but in a weaker conference, why no outcry?

The fact is that in college football, EVERY game matters. Handle business EVERY week, and you’ll “leave no doubt”. Play a tougher schedule, risk losing, and receive credit/edge over teams of similar record. Conference auto-bids diminish that, and will lead to WEAK schedules.